WHERE TO FIND THE SODIUM CONTENT
First of all sodium is high in most frozen pizzas, canned soups, and hot dogs. But watch out for sodium in these items, too;
6 Sodium Suprises
1. FRESH BEEF, PORK, AND POULTRY; Fresh meats such as steaks, pork tenderloins and chicken breasts often are inject with salt to boost flavor. Check fresh meat packages for salty ingredients such as broth.
2. SALAD DRESSINGS; Opt for dressings with less than 240 mg of sodium and 100 calories per servings.
3. BREAKFAST CEREAL; Many cereals supply more than 240 mg of sodium per serving yet don't taste salty.
4. INSTANT FOODS; Quick-fix foods such as instant pudding and instant oatmeal are often higher in sodium than their regular counterparts. Opt for the regular version when there's a significant sodium savings.
5. SPAGHETTI SAUCE; Seek out no-salt added versions, which are more prevalent in natural and organic brands.
6. MEDICATIONS; Many drugs have sodium base to help them dissolve in your digestion track. Read labels (especially for antacids and pain relievers) and ask your pharmacist about your prescription drugs.
Sodium is an element that the body needs to function properly to regulate blood pressure and blood volume. For individuals who are sodium-sensitive, an increased intake of sodium may contribute to high blood pressure. When watching the intake of sodium, read labels carefully to determine the total sodium content. Canned, packaged, and frozen foods can be particularly high in sodium.
LOW SODIUM PRODUCTS;
BEANS AND VEGETABLES;
Cambell's Tomato Juice
Del Monte Assorted Vegetables
Eden Organic Assorted Beans
V8 Vegetable Juice
Cascadian Farm French Fries
Kettle Baked Potato chips
Michael Season's Potato Chips
Consorzio Salad Dressings
Eden Organic Spagetti Sauce
Green Mountain Gringo Salsa
Mrs. Dash Marinades
Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning
Lawry's Salt Free Seasoning
Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends
McCormick Salt Free Seasonings
Nantucket Off-Shore Rubs
CRACKERS AND CRISPBREADS;
Old London Melba Toast
My other blog; ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥1. Across this bridge2. Struggling parents3. When life become a book4. Read Between the Lines5. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery6. Layout Marketing7. Internet Lifestyle8. Marketing Myself