Serving size 10 (1 pancake each)
Carbs per serving 7 grams
1 pound zucchini, shredded
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup finely chopped red onion
½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
½ cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
½ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup light diary sour cream (optional)
½ cup chopped red onion (optional)
Shredded zucchini (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combined the 1 pound zucchini and salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Placed zucchini in a strainer and press with a spatula to force out water.
2. Combined zucchini, the ½ cup red onion, parmesan cheese, flour, egg, product, the 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl. If the batter is not thick enough to hold together, add a little more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed.
3. Lightly coat a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Add the teaspoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Using ¼ cup zucchini mixture per pancake, drop zucchini mixture onto hot skillet, leaving 2-3 inches between each mounds. Flatten mounds to about ½ inch thickness. Cook pancakes about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking.
4. Keep pancakes warm in a 300F oven while cooking the remaining pancakes. If desired, top pancakes with sour cream and additional red onion or zucchini.
My other blog;
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
1. Across this bridge
2. Struggling parents
3. When life become a book
4. Read Between the Lines
5. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery
6. Layout Marketing
7. Internet Lifestyle
8. Marketing Myself